Sunday, August 2, 2009

New camera from peauproductions!!

Some days ago I've received a new camera from peauproductions and I've done some tests. I've compared my first camera (without its IR filter and with a overexposed and processed negative film as visible-light filter) and the new recieved (with the IR removed and the 850nm passband filter). Here are some results:

Flashlight tests:

Camera with negative film

Camera with IR pass band filter

With this test, I wanted to see if a light above the table could interfere the blob detection and extraction. It doesn't. :)

Projection tests:

Camera with negative film

Camera with IR pass band filter

As you can see, the IR pass band blocks all light from the projector, so there won't be any problem to detect the fingers while projecting application's output.

So, after these experiments, I would recommend to use a pass band filter for fully usable tables. But to play a little and to discover how FTIR works, a overexposed negative filter is good enough.

No comments: